BECOMING A BRAND NAME
After Mehmet Efendi’s death in 1931, the family business passed to his three sons: Hasan Selahattin Bey, Hulusi Bey and Ahmet Rıza Bey.
The family formally took ”Kurukahveci” as their last name in 1934. After Mehmet Efendi passed away, his eldest son Hasan Selahattin (1897-1944) recognized the importance of the international market and resolved to become active abroad. Thus, Turkish Coffee began to be promoted abroad as well as in the domestic market.
In line with the technological developments of the time, Hulusi Bey (1904-1934) introduced mass production.
He commissioned Zühtü Başar – one of the leading architects of the period – to design an Art Deco headquarters for the company on the site of the original shop on Tahmis Sokak. This striking structure remains the company’s headquarters to this day.
In 1932, he commissioned İhap Hulusi Bey, one of the leading graphic designers of the period, to design a logo for the company. This logo remains in use today.