- Always use clean drinking water. Chemicals in tap water such as chlorine affect the flavour of the coffee.
- Always use high quality, freshly roasted Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi coffee that is ground and packaged immediately after roasting.
- Brew the coffee when you need it using the amount you require. If the coffee is allowed to sit too long after brewing, it will cool and lose its aroma.
- Always store the coffee in a sealed container.
- If you store your coffee in a jar or other such container after purchase:
– Always make sure the container is kept clean.
– Do not add new coffee to the container until the original coffee has been finished.
– Do not use a wet or damp spoon when dipping into the jar.
- Always make sure your coffeepots are clean.
- Do not use soap or detergent on your coffeepots. If you have to use detergent, make sure to thoroughly rinse the coffeepots with fresh water, making sure that no traces of cleaning products remain. Any traces will affect the coffee’s aroma and taste.
- Try to use unscented soap when cleaning coffee cups and rinse thoroughly with plenty of water.
- If you use a machine to prepare your coffee, be sure to follow all the cleaning instructions found in the product’s manual.
Important tips for using a coffee grinder:
- Make sure the grinder’s capacity matches the amount of espresso to be served.
- Regularly change the grinder’s blades or discs.
- Make sure to follow the instructions given in the product manual.